Friday, September 14, 2007

Philosophical Fridays Round Two: Wes McPherson

Thanks to everybody who came out to Ori Simchen's talk today, as well as to lunch, the reception, and dinner.
I just wanted to make known to everyone that Wes McPherson will be giving a presentation of his paper on Wilfrid Sellars next Friday. Same time, same place- 386 UC.
It *might* be possible to organize a small punch-event afterwards, so please comment if you would support that as well.

Also, please see the excellent post by Wes below for a link to his paper. Thanks Wes. And, since no Sellars photo was available, I went with the next best thing...

6 comments:

Chris Tillman said...

Old Sellars: http://www.ditext.com/sellars/sellars.jpg

Young Sellars: http://www.hist-analytic.org/sellars2.JPG

Paul D said...

I would support an organized small-punch event after the talk.

Wes McPherson said...

So there will be a punch event?

Anonymous said...

It hasn't been established yet Wes. I will speak to Laurie about it in the morning tomorrow. Janelle has also put some posters together; John and I will tape them up tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wes: Some faculty members have expressed interest in your talk, but are worried that the student presentations are off limits to them.
What do you think?

Wes McPherson said...

Adam: I don't mind. You can tell them they are welcome to come. I'd be honoured.