Friday, September 14, 2007

Wes on Sellars

Hello all,

For those of you who are interested in my presentation of my Sellars paper, "A Brief Summary of the Philosophy of Wilfrid Sellars", you can download it at:

http://www.geocities.com/suck_lutz/ABriefSummaryof.doc

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you. It works for my Mac anyways.

I really love Sellars, and would not mind questions from you about his philosophical project. Questions like: what are psychological nominalisms ramifications for universals? What happens to metaphysics and epistemology? What does Sellars think of qualia? Do animals think? Isn't Sellars a linguistic idealist? How does Sellars answer Quine? Heidegger? Churchland? Where are we left with empirical philosophy? What happens to the analytic tradition? etc. I think philosophy works best as a dialogue or as a kind of therapy, so I'd appreciate your participation. There is a lot to explain here, since Sellars' philosophy has deep and vast implications.

I'll try to focus on psychological nominalism and the fusion of the images in my presentation, to narrow things down a bit.

Thanks everyone. I hope this post is non-sucky!

No comments: